Hello! I am Stacie, and I am so excited to be posting for Colleen today. I am a new writer for Scarves.net and I have a few tips to share on how you can use scarves for home decor. :) And if you saw Colleen's post on how to make a burlap mantel scarf, you know she shares my love for using scarves as decorations.
When it comes to decorating, I’ve always been resourceful. I used a pair of deer antlers as a necklace rack. I stacked suitcases to hold all the things I don’t use very often. But one of my favorite things to upcycle and reuse are scarves.
Scarves are so appealing to me mostly because of their prints—a lot of times they are little works of art. By thinking outside of that *ahem, scarf box, you can turn your unused accessories into an eye-popping piece of home décor.
5 Creative Ways to Use Your Scarves to Decorate Your Home
1. Make bunting banner from old scarves. Next time you have a party, make your home a bit more festive and hang the banner from two corners of a room.
2. Throw Pillows. Fold a scarf to a pillow-size and shape, and use color-coordinating needle and thread to hand-stitch a throw pillow cover. For those who are sewing-challenged, you can simply wrap the pillow for an equally chic effect.
3. Quilt. Sew old scarves together to create a useful and colorful blanket.
4. Wall Art. In an interesting frame, showcase a smaller scarf or a section of a larger scarf. I found this scarf at an antique fair and I just thought it was the cutest thing. I didn’t want to hide it in a drawer only to be worn occasionally, so I framed it!
5. Drapery. Simply tack together some scarves to make a unique curtain between rooms. Thrift stores are a great place to find vintage scarves for really low prices.
Hopefully these tips will open your eyes to just a few possibilities that scarves have around the home. Thanks again to Colleen for letting me write a post, she has such a creative and crafty resource here! :)
Stacie Grissom is a writer for Scarves.net where she writes about everything from scarf crafts to 37 ways to tie a scarf. In her free time, she loves to work on her DIY blog, run, and take lots of photos with her collection of old cameras.
Thanks so much, Stacie! I can’t wait to try some of these ideas!